Monday, February 16, 2009

Of felt and stuffing.

So I've been very into doing craft work and finally have something more substantial to show for it. It was my first ever handmade toy and I made it for Djohan, just cos he's been such a sweetheart and so that he may have company when I'm not around. Heh. It's my own version of a panda. Well, it is a panda, but most importantly it's a Matcha green tea panda, cos when I bought the felt I thought the colours went better than the boring black and white. My stitching still needs perfecting, but my colleague said, "Imperfections make it cuter." I'm really pleased though with the way it turned out and I wanted to keep it for myself, but it makes a better valentine's gift.(I don't care for the holiday, it just was a nice deadline to give myself.)


Before stuffing, the arms and legs look like green peppers.
I didn't follow the patterns exactly cos I wasn's using the exact materials required and my material was too thick...but I improvised. :)
panda is stuffed. But its close to 5am and I only have energy left to do the eyes.
The heart wasn't part of the pattern but I added it. :)

Completed the mouth and nose while at work. My chain stitch is weird.

Happy happy!!! But tired. But happy happy!!!
Not bad for a first. :)
This was the day after. So yes, I did the show. Blah blah blah. I'm more interested in craft stuff. And we have our Manila tickets booked. I'm very much looking forward to that. IADS and 3/4 gfs and kittywu for 5 days. Woooo!!! At least, we get to spend some excellent QT together before they head off to Texas for 2.5 weeks.

Things have been alright. Djohan is working with Villains in their new office and I'm crafty(yes! yes!yes!) with my colleague before the boss comes back. Haha!

Okay go!

No comments: